Asset and Tax Recovery
Legal 500 Bar Directory – Rankings For 2014 Recommendations and Quotes
FRAUD: CRIME (INCLUDING MONEY LAUNDERING AND ASSET FORFEITURE)
Sheena Cassidy - 3PB ‘A fantastic, astute barrister with an eye for the detail and a great approach to clients.’
The Asset and Tax Recovery Group offers expertise across a number of areas, including:
- All aspects of the Proceeds of Crime, from restraint and receivership to confiscation and enforcement at the Crown Court and High Court.
- Civil recovery of the proceeds of crime at the High Court.
- Money laundering advice and compliance.
- Commercial fraud.
- Asset tracing and recovery.
- Insolvency-related claims.
- Tax investigation and regulation.
- All types of tax fraud (in both civil and criminal contexts).
- MTIC frauds
- Diversion and Duty Point frauds.
- Technical indirect tax (especially in relation to VAT, Excise and Customs duties).
- Condemnation and non-restoration appeals.
- Seizure and forfeiture of cash and goods.
- Bribery and Corruption.
The Asset and Tax Recovery Group's clients include private individuals and their family members, firms of solicitors of all sizes, financial institutions, accountants, insolvency practitioners, tax advisers and many government departments. Members of the Group act for both claimants and defendants and are regularly instructed in matters involving HMRC, CPS, UKBA, SFO and SOCA.
Members of the Group appear in all relevant forums, from the Tax Tribunal to the Court of Appeal and beyond.
First class advice and advocacy
The Asset and Tax Recovery Group is widely recognised as a leader in its field. Many members of the Group have been involved in the leading cases in their areas of expertise and are ranked in the legal directories.
Members of the Group have written widely on their specialist fields. Most notably, Mark Sutherland Williams is the co-author of one of the leading practitioner texts on asset forfeiture: "Millington and Sutherland Williams on the Proceeds of Crime", (third edition, Oxford University Press, 2010).
The Group is continuing to expand the international aspect of its work and members have been called to the Bar in various jurisdictions, including the BVI and the Turks and Caicos.
We are CPD approved by the Law Society and are happy to assist clients with their own professional development and training requirements.
For further information on the services that we provide, please contact Nimisha Patel, Asset and Tax Recovery Group Practice Director, on 020 7583 8055, or email email@example.com.